Pesto sauce is one of the most useful sauces in the kitchen. It can be used as a pasta sauce, salad dressing, sandwich filler or as a condiment to any grilled vegetable and meat like chicken.
What’s even more nice about it is that it has the simplest preparation method and the ingredients are easy to find. Most are already in our fridge or pantry.
Traditional pesto is a blend of basil leaves, pine nuts, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and parmesan cheese.
Here is the basic pesto sauce recipe that we would like to share with you:
- 1 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1 Clove Garlic
- ¼ Toasted Pine Nuts
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- ¼ Cup to ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Put garlic clove in the processor. Pulse for about 10 seconds.
- Add basil, toasted pine nuts, lemon juice. Blend well.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil while the processor is still running. Add more olive oil if you prefer a thinner pesto sauce.
Pesto sauce will last for about a week in the refrigerator.
Bistro Ravioli offers fresh pasta sautéed in pesto sauce served with grilled chicken breast. Bistro Ravioli is one of the best Italian restaurants in UP Town Center having delicious Italian dishes such as fresh pasta, brick oven pizza, wood-fired pizza, ravioli etc. We are also located at UP Town Center, Glorietta 3, Greenbelt 1, Mall of Asia and soon open in Rustans Supermarket Makati.
Get your pesto fix today.